Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Our Top Ten Places To Sail In 2013
As our sailing education continues, our desire to find new playgrounds grows. We would love to trailer Wrinkles down to Mobile Bay and the Gulf Coast right now, but with one kid left in college we know that is not in the cards. So where do we hope to actually sail next season? We developed a wish list for next year that includes our previous favorites of Lake Mendota and Green Bay as well as other bodies of water that interest us.
So here are our top ten sailing destinations for next season.
1. Lake Mendota (of course we will sail our local lake)
2. Lake Carlyle, IL (our annual trip is a must do)
3. Ephraim, Door County (another annual trip that we wouldn't miss)
4. Apostle Islands (Bayfield as a base)
5. Door County Loop (Sister Bay - Menominee, MI - Ephraim?)
6. Green Lake, WI
7. Lake Geneva, WI
8. Lake Winnebago, WI (Appleton)
9. Put-In-Bay, OH
10. North Channel
The top three are already being planned. Any ideas on the the other destinations?