Thursday, December 21, 2017

Damn Northerners!

We are enjoying a beautiful morning in Orange Beach, Alabama. The sun is shining, the waves are gently coming ashore....hold on a minute I need to blow my nose....the warm winds feel great on our bare arms. We get to spend a few days....hold on I need to blow my nose again....enjoying this beautiful area with some of our family. "Achewwwwww!" Damn northerners gave me a cold again.

The last time we traveled north I picked up a very stubborn cold that just wouldn't go away until we got back to Florida. This time I started sneezing as soon as we piled into our car to begin this trip north. I think my body is trying to tell me something. "Stay south dummy, stay south."

In Florida we have found that everything that ails someone is due to something called a Northerner". We stand in a long line at the bank we hear, "Damn Northerners are back again." Restaurant has a waiting line, you guessed it, "Damn Northerners clogging up our restaurants." Roads are backed up, Northerners!"

We find it very funny when we talk to these complainers about their life in Florida. "I'm originally from Michigan, but I've been here for 10 years." "It was a lot less crowded down here when we moved from Indiana 3 years ago." We swear there are no born and raised Floridians anywhere to be found. Yet everyone complains about all the Northerners coming down here. So, I am going to blame all the damn Northerners for coming down and bringing this cold virus with them.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yup, it's all our fault! You've heard the new Florida State motto, I presume? It goes like this:
    "Florida: Send your money, but stay home."!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is you have forgotten your roots? I love it when someone with a New England twang complains about all of us snowbirds. Yah, sure....

    ReplyDelete