Friday, May 30, 2014

Sew Sew Sew Your Boat

 

Sew Sew Sew Your Boat….. oops, I guess those aren’t the right words to the song. But they sure suggest the theme of this new boat. When we brought Plan B home we made a list of what needed to be done. We NEEDED cockpit cushions. They are way too expensive to buy, so we ordered foam and material and I put them together for a fraction of the cost of buying new. The cabin cushions were OK, but would be much more comfortable with different material - so we ordered micro-suede material and I reused the foam. The jib is a hank-on and needs a foredeck bag - so I used some of the leftover material from a previous bimini project and created a beautiful blue foredeck bag. Since we are staying in a slip and don’t have curtains - I’ll need to sew some of them. Then there are winch covers, make a hole in the new bimini for the rear stay and a bag for the solar charger and…….. good thing the weather has been lousy until just recently. I have been inside with my nose to the sewing machine for the past week! Sew Sew ........

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment