Thursday, October 23, 2014

Frustration Sets In

Brenda and I have been preparing ourselves for our eventual cruising adventure for about three years now. We hoped to be down south by now prepping a sailboat for a two year cruise. Unfortunately all our plans hinge on the sale of our beautiful home. The market in our area is dead soft right now for houses in our price range with very little indication that it is going to improve. It is difficult to be so committed to a plan that seems so unattainable right now.

We knew that even when the house sold we would be setting sail on a tight budget, but the timing is right for us now. Our kids are all out of the house and doing wonderful things for themselves and making us proud. My mother is healthy and independent, so we know she will be fine without us right around the corner for a few years. The TIME is now! I am concerned that this wonderful window of opportunity will pass us by and our dream will become just that - a dream.

We have reduced the asking price on our house to it's bare minimum, but so few people are looking for a home in our area that we feel like we are stuck in limbo. I am one of those people that decides to commit to something and just dives in and does it. Well this time I am stuck mid-dive and don't have any control over the timetable. I hate being frustrated! I don't want to look back in twenty years and say, "I almost went on a big sailing adventure."

Mike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment