|At the ramp awaiting her trailer.|
It looks like our season may be just about done. The channel markers have been removed and the weather feels like late fall. We took our O'Day out for a sail today and only got stuck in the unmarked channel twice on the way out. We had a lovely sail enjoying the colors of the trees along the shoreline. The sun tried valiantly to warm us through our jackets and gloves, but after a while we both began to get chilled.
We discussed motoring back through the unmarked channel to our slip and then decided that maybe it was time to hang up our sailing hats for the season instead. We sailed to the far west end of Lake Mendota to Marshall Park where we could tie up for the night. We will pick up our trailer tomorrow or Monday and load her up for the winter.
The O'Day 25 was a great boat for the summer. She was fun to sail, solid, roomy and comfortable. We will store her on the trailer for the winter and continue to wait for our house to sell before deciding whether or not to sell her. If we are still here next summer we will add a roller furler to her and some jib tracks to make sailing her even nicer. If the house should finally sell we would most likely put the boat up for sale early next spring.
Overall we are very happy with our Plan B. Having the O'Day in a slip worked out really well for us. We learned a bit more about this sailing lifestyle and can't wait to test ourselves on bigger waters.