Well, here is why we choose the sail.
- Accomplishment - when we successfully navigate a sailboat from Point A to Point B we feel this wonderful sense of accomplishment.
- Adventure - there is something more adventurous about exploring that neat little cove when you have to work with the wind, current and obstacles.
- Enjoyment of nature - you have to experience the feelings associated with silently slipping by a stone bluff and hearing the birds as you pass by to truly understand the interaction with nature.
- Pride - as you learn the skills necessary to move a sailboat efficiently about, there comes a sense of pride in your new found skills.
- Thrill - it is amazing how thrilling a sailboat can be in 18 knot winds. 8 knots of hull speed doesn't sound like much, but you have to be on a sailboat doing 8 knots to appreciate the fun.
- Fulfillment - a weekend spent sailing, fishing, rowing your dinghy into shore for supper, sitting in the cockpit with a glass of wine enjoying the stars, sleeping aboard a gently swaying boat and relaxing with nature make for very fulfilling memories.
Mike and Brenda