Saturday, December 15, 2012

I kinda won the lottery?

Brenda's ingenious plan for a quick retirement via winning the lottery was a complete and total failure. We still had to go to work on 12/13. The good news is that we went to the Cheeseburger In Paradise restaurant/bar with three couples we have known forever to celebrate my 55th. Good food, great drinks, laughter and friends made for a wonderful evening.

Front L to R Penny, Mike, Brenda, Joni

Back L to R Scott, Jim, Trish, Mike (Doc)

I said I kinda won the lottery in the title and I really did win. My reputation preceded me and I was gifted a bottle of Drambuie. No wait for it.......TWO bottles of Drambuie. Sweet! I did win the lottery!

My sailing buddy Jim even sat down at his industrial sewing machine and made up a custom bag for my Drambuie bottle. I have to be the only guy in the country with a handmade, sailing themed, Drambuie shaped storage bag.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment