Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ice Ice Go Away!

Well this winter is doggedly determined to hang around Wisconsin. We continue to experience temperatures well below normal and it seems to snow every couple of days. Brenda and I are getting our sailing fix any way we can right now. We are studying Celestial Navigation, Coastal Navigation, cruising guides and reading anything we can find that is sailing related. I have gone through nearly every sailing related Kindle book on Amazon that is under $4.00 (Yes, I do have a cheapskate hiding in me.)

I have spent more hours than I care to admit just surfing the net looking at cruising boats for sale all over the country. I'm amazed at the quality and quantity of solid 27' to 35' cruisers on the market at very reasonable prices. I hope this stays true until we get our house sold.

This morning I looked online to find the current ice thickness on our local sailing lake. 15" of ice is what they report. It may be a while before Wrinkles is gently breaking through the waves.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment